If your company's TutorPanel administrator has enabled Calendar Feeds you will be able to add your TutorPanel Calendar events to calendars that support iCalendar feeds (Google Calender, Apple iCal, Microsoft Outlook, etc).
1. Log into TutorPanel as the administrator.
2. Go to the Calendar tab and click Calendar Settings
3. Under the section title 'Sync TutorPanel to Other Calendars' look for a "Generate Calendar Feed URL" button and click it.
If this section does not appear then your administrator has not enabled calendar feeds.
If you see this section, but not a button then you have already generated a feed url and you can continue to Step 5.
5. Select and copy the 'Calendar Feed URL'.
Important: To protect your privacy do not share this URL with anyone else.
Instructions for Google Calendar
1. Complete steps 1-5 under "Initial Setup"
2. Login to your Google calendar Account.
3. To the right of the 'Other Calendar' list title, click the down-arrow button and select 'Add by URL'
4. Paste the 'Calendar Feed URL' from your TutorPanel account into this field.
Google Calendar does not display cancelled events by default. If you want these events to still appear but with a "Cancelled" indicator then add '&show_cancel=yes' to the end of your Calendar Feed URL.
5. Click Add Calendar. The calendar will appear in the 'Other Calendars' section of your calendar.
Instructions for iCal1. Complete steps 1-5 under "Initial Setup"
2. Open iCal.
3. On the main menu click Calendar > Subscribe.
4. Paste the url in the 'Calendar URL' box and click 'Subscribe'.
General Events Feed
The regular calendar feed includes only tutoring sessions. If you want to include general events from your TutorPanel calendar, you can do this by adding a separate feed.
Create a separate calendar feed for your General Events by following the instructions you used to create the original feed.
Use the same URL for the new feed, but add "&type=general" to the end of the URL (do not include the quotation marks).
The new feed will display only the General Events from your TutorPanel Calendar.
The regular calendar displays the event title and location which may include private information that you only want to be visible on your personal calendar. If you want to share your calendar publicly to show your availability you can set the view to public by following these instructions:
Create a separate calendar feed for your public feed.
Use the same URL for the new feed, but add "&view=public" to the end of the URL (do not include the quotation marks).
The new feed will display events with the title set to 'Unavailable' and no location will be displayed.